We hope you and your family are in good health and remain safe during this challenging time. We are pleased to inform you that as per the guidance from Public Health and Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO), we have decided to resume our emergency and non-emergency services.
We have all been through an unprecedented experience and we are looking forward to returning to more normal and routine days. While many things in our world has changed, our dentists and team members remain committed to ensuring your visit to our practice is a safe and comforting experience.
A safe, secure and sterile environment has always been a key pillar of how we operate our dental practice. It remains one of our top priorities to ensure that we minimize any real or perceived risks of exposure to viruses or contagions. However, in light of the recent coronavirus specific concerns, we have taken additional measures to enhance the existing infection prevention and control policies.
You may not have noticed before, but we have always ensured our practices are fully in compliance with the recommendations of the Provincial and Federal Public Health Agencies, the Provincial Regulatory Colleges. We have always remained abreast of developments in this area and often applied more stringent thresholds than required.
As a result of the increased recommendations driven by the current coronavirus pandemic, we have enhanced these infection control policies and you may see certain changes at your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff, including:
- We have invested in medical-grade air purification systems made by Surgically Clean Air, a “Proudly Canadian” company. For more information, click here
- Pre-screening of all patients prior to their appointment and again at the entrance to the office. Temperature checks for patients upon entry of the clinic.
- You will find hand sanitizer at the front door and throughout the office, as well as disposable face masks that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be staggered and managed to allow for social distancing between patients and staff.
- We will limit the number of patients in the practice area at any given time.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all clinical and administrative staff, including masks for all team members; masks, face shields and gowns for the clinical team as required.
- Both hourly, and as needed, cleaning and disinfection of reception area and restrooms.
- Daily temperature checks of all staff members.
- Extra time scheduled between patients’ appointments to allow thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Smiles Plus Dental Centre